Are you a quilter, a woodworker, a painter, or a photographer? We hope you will consider sharing your talents with the community by exhibiting your work!
Clerk's Committee has arranged with the Art Gallery to present a faculty/staff exhibition of creativity during the fall semester 2011. A similar exhibition was held in 2004 and featured a variety of media by 26 artists including current and emeriti faculty members from the Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences and Business & Policy divisions. Staff members from the Correspondence Center, the Mail Room, Friends Center, Maintenance, IT&S, the Library and the Initiative on Faith & Practice also participated. Below, please find the ground rules for this year’s exhibition:
- Open to all Guilford College faculty and staff (including emeriti).
- All work must be original and not made from kits.
- Work may not exceed 80 inches in any dimension.
- Work should be suitably framed OR otherwise exhibition-ready.
- Up to three entries per person will be considered. The curator may select fewer based on space limitations.
- All media are eligible (quilting, woodworking, origami, needlework, ceramics, calligraphy, painting, photography, poetry [using vinyl letters on the wall or framed printed text] to name a few).
- Work will be insured from the time of delivery to the time of return at the stated insurance value.
- Work must be delivered to the Art Gallery in Hege Library, between Mon., Oct. 3, and Wed. Oct. 5, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The exhibition will be on view in the main gallery from October 10 - December 11, 2011.
- An opening reception will be held Wednesday, October 12, during Community Time, 1-3 p.m.
- Work must be picked up from the Art Gallery, Hege Library, December 12 -14, 9-5 p.m.
- Exhibitors may contact Terry Hammond with any special installation concerns or questions.
- IF YOU PLAN TO EXHIBIT, please email Terry Hammond <email@example.com> by September 23, 2011.
We look forward to an exciting showcase of the faculty and staff's creative talents at Guilford!